Allow me to introduce myself....

I began this blog two years ago as a way to artistically capture all of the events that have made me, me. The idea for the blog was born out of my desire to one day be able to share with my (adult) children all of the roads that intertwined to bring us to this place - a place of hope. Over time this journal has also become a profound tool to continue the healing that began so timidly years ago.

Evolution is a compilation of true stories from my childhood growing up in a dysfunctional and abusive home, and my road to overcoming these hurdles. My desire is to give hope to all those impacted by the realities of childhood abuse.Aside from being a wife, mother of two, a blogger, and most recently I completed my training as a domestic and sexual violence victims advocate.


... this is not fiction.

... this is really my life's story.

... I try to be as honest as possible without being overly honest.

Thanks for taking the time to read the blog. Please share it freely with my blessing to all who might benefit.

Warmly,
Cris
cristolbert@themended.com

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Just beautiful Cris! I understand how you feel to write your thoughts down. I have done that for as long as I can remember. I wish I had done a journal like you did when I was pregnant. I love you so much, thank you for allowing me to be such a part of your life!! All our love, GOD BLESS YOU!!!